CanSPEP Annual Conference
Building Healthy Corporate Canada: Success During the Pandemic
Session Date: Friday, October 29, 2021 - Time: 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. (In Person)
Socio Event Hack Hybrid Games
Malak and her partner Nichol Turner, Founder, Nickel Concepts were delighted to compete at the Socio Event Hack Hybrid Games. 72 planners were selected globally to compete. Their topic was production value and their presentation was so well received that their team, Hack F/X made it to the final round! It was a great experience and the team looks forward to more collaboration with Socio, a renown virtual platform company.
CanSPEP Day 2020 Speaker
Upcoming Speaking Events
Malak is a sought after speaker and has several topics that she covers in key note addresses, panel discussions and workshops. She offers facilitation services as well.
1. Impact of Cannabis Legislation on the Meetings and Events Industry.
Using her background in biochemistry, Malak demystifies the impact of cannabis usage at your events and cites current studies, and legislative ramifications.
- Lead Panelist – “In the Weed” – CanSPEP National Conference, Sudbury, 2018
- Lead Panelist – Canadian Innovation Conference – PCMA, Victoria, 2018
- Lead Panelist, Canadian Meetings and Events EXPO – Toronto, 2019
- Panelist – American College of CBD & Cannabis, Spring Congress – Orlando, 2020
2. Sex Trafficking: How can Meeting Planners Help
As the volunteer coordinator for Meeting Planners Against Human Trafficking (MPAHT), Malak has been on the forefront of various initiatives that she can share with delegates including how to detect trafficking, how hotels can prevent this from occurring at their venue, and how the industry needs to be more aware of mitigation/reparation strategies
- Webinar Keynote Speaker, Hotel Association – USA
- Keynote Speaker, Global Meetings Industry Day – Halifax 2020
3. Workshop: Promoting Style & Substance Within Meetings: Develop an Action Plan
Every successful meeting or event needs compelling content. Malak works with delegates to design interactive sessions. Once the theme is selected and decisions made about streams or concurrent sessions, we explore the various methods to build an engaging program. These choices include fireside chats, debates, demonstration sessions, patient testimonials, certification elements and workshops. We will review tactics of each and then delve deeper into building powerful original content for your conference or meeting.
8thAnnual Global Pharma & Medical Meetings Summit – Boston, 2020
Business Women’s Network of York Region – Mount Albert, ON – 2018
4. Workshop: Sustainable Approaches to Combat Stress
Event planning is consistently rated as highly stressful and in fact, is in the top 10 of all professions! Stress is a common side effect in fast paced environments and since event planning has many moving parts, we are expected to be experts in many subfields and uber tacticians.
In this workshop, delegates will work independently and in groups to:
- Identify the majors stressors in their job
- Categorize the ideas in major buckets
- Learn to identify how to mitigate risks at their events and learn effective tactics to transfer risk including insurance, utilizing a contract negotiation expert or other tried and true strategies
- Understand when to practice self-help strategies vs. seeking help when things are too overwhelming